The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 4-October 29, 2013

Oi! 
I have had a pretty good week here at the MTC. The winter dress code is now in effect, so now all the Elders are required to wear suit coats everywhere...I only have one suit....so sometimes, like yesterday, it just happens that I end up wearing my grey and black suit coat with brown pants..Im sure that would get me an earful from Miss Sydney Poulson! But you gotta do what you gotta do, sorry Sydney! Ive heard that once missionaries arrive in the Fortaleza Mission home, the workers there take our suits and put them in storage until we go home. Im up for that, because I know when Im in a place where 70 degrees is considered chilly, I wont be wearing a suit coat that often. I mean ever. 
Its hard to believe that Ive been here a whole month! In two weeks Ill be a real missionary, teaching real lessons to real people! Whether in Brazil or the States, it doesnt matter to me, Im just thankful to be a missionary and to get out of the MTC! 
The other day, I jammed my finger playing basketball, and the next morning, it turned like six different colors and swelled up to twice the normal size! Its almost back to normal now, but ive been playing soccer for the sake of my finger. Probably good practice for Brazil. 
On Sunday, I was called to be the district leader for the last two weeks of our time in the MTC. So that will be interesting! Its my first leadership calling of my mission, and Im excited to serve.
Not much else to report here from Provo, but I love you all, and thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Com amor,
Elder Poulson

                                                
                                                            Picture with Elder Frost

                                                                     My   Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment