The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 1- Oct 8, 2013

 
We went to the Provo Temple this morning, and it was awesome to do a session as a missionary! It seemed so much more special. I'm doing laundry right now, and I'm thankful that I was doing my own the last few months. Some of these guys are so lost!

My companion's name is Cameron Chester, from Maryland, originally Draper. We're getting along pretty well, he's a good first companion to have.  I love everyone in my district though, it's like we're all brothers, just after one week together (we're all elders...no sisters...probably a blessing in disguise...). We've had some great testimony meetings with our group, and it's so inspiring to hear some of these guys testify. Our district leader got his visa last week, and he left this morning. Elder Kennedy. He'll be in the Sao Paulo MTC tomorrow morning. He's related to Robert, and they look a lot alike, so he heard a good bit of Kennedy jokes from the district. Our teacher is Brother Lemperle. He served in Portugal and he's a student at BYU right now. He pretty much only talks to us in Portuguese, but last week he shared a story from his mission with us last week about making sure that loving our investigators was the most important thing, and then bore an incredibly powerful testimony. It was great to hear.

I've seen two or three guys that I went to jr high with, but I pretty much just said hey. I've seen Sydney two or three times, usually just in passing. I did see Austin Seegmiller on Saturday, but not since then.

Don't be sad that I'm gone, mom. It would be even more sad if I had stayed! Remember two years is nothing compared to eternity! Tell Sydney that I miss her so much and I love her! and the other two as well, I guess... ;)

My Portuguese is coming along ok, I feel like I've learned a lot in just one week. Probably more than in a whole semester at school!


Love,
Elder Poulson


                                               
                                                 Mitch being dropped off at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment