The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 16, 2013

Beginning of week 6- November 5, 2013

 
Hey Everyone-
 

 
Not too much going on this last week. Two more elders in my district got their visas, but they aren't leaving until next monday, and that will be about the same time the rest of us get our reassignments to somewhere in the states. They will be with us until then. This puts us at a grand total of 6 elders that have gotten their visas while in the MTC out of 11. That's absolutely unheard of, and everyone is kind of shocked that there have been so many. Our mission, Fortaleza East, was just created this summer, so it looks like the Lord needs more missionaries down there fast judging by all the visas that have been going around! My first week as district leader went pretty well. It's such a privelage to serve these great elders! They're like the brothers I never had. One of the responsibilities of a district leader here in the MTC is to prepare a lesson and lead a discussion of the weekly topic with the district and a member of the branch presidency and his wife. So since yesterday was fast sunday, the schedule was kind of weird and I totally forgot to prepare a lesson, of which the topic was supposed to be faith. It's lucky for me we saw the branch president's wife, sister Radebaugh, ten minutes before district meeting, or I would have been completely unprepared! Somehow I got a lesson outline made and we had a great discussion. By my next email, I should know if I have a visa or a reassignment to serve in the States until the visa comes through. Whichever it is, I am stoked to get out into the mission field and serve the Lord and His children!
 
Com amor,
Elder Poulson
 
Elder Harris, from Salt Lake, he was a zone leader for about a week until he left for Brazil this morning.

Awkward elder/sister pic with Sydney
sleepy Eder Groesbeck

My two studly companions and I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment