The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 59

 November 17, 2014

This week was a little crazy....we started working in a part of our area where we haven't really had much success before, but right now its going good! We are teaching a family of 7, and there are about 10 other people we are working with as well that are awesome! The hard part about working with that big family is that they don't have enough money to pay for everyone to catch the bus to church. We are thinking about talking to the bishop about renting a van or something to pick people up, so we´ll see where that goes. But, the stake is wanting to establish a group or branch in the city of Eusébio where we work, so that would be awesome! We would have a lot more people come out to church. So hopefully that will happen in the next month or so! 
So remember how I got really sick? Yeah, that was not fun, but the good thing is that I lost about 6 pounds in that time! And I have been working to keep losing. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I have already gone to the next loop in my belt, so I must be doing something right!

On Wednesday, we had a zone training with the mission president and his assistants, and we also had interviews with the mission president. The training was really good, we talked more about the new way that missionaries are going to work here in Brazil. We will be putting more focus on helping recent converts and inactive members. I love teaching the recent converts, so I am pretty excited about this! My interview with President Fusco went well, he told me that he recognized that I am in a good part of my mission, I am happy, I am working, and everything is going pretty well. He told me to keep it up. 

So yeah, for me everything is going pretty good! The toughest thing right now is a little homesickness every once in a while, but that´s part of the experience and you can´t really avoid it haha. Overall I'm loving it! I hope you have a great week!

um abraço,
Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment