The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 53

October 6, 2014

Dear family & Friends,
This last week was a pretty memorable one! On Tuesday, we had a mission conference, which happens every couple months. Basically, all the missionaries from the mission get together in one chapel, there are a bunch of talks, training, lunch, more training, and then we played a huge game of jeopardy. I really enjoy it because I get to see all my buddies from the MTC and other missionaries I have gotten to know the past year. 

On Thursday, it was my one year mark from the day I arrived in the MTC! I started the day off burning one of my not-so-white-anymore shirts, which was pretty fun. Then I introduced my companion, Elder Da Mata, to french toast for lunch. I found cinnamon, but syrup and powdered sugar were nowhere to be found, so we improvised with some condensed milk, which was actually pretty good. Condensed milk is pretty popular down here. So after lunch, we did a companion exchange with the zone leaders, one of which was with me in the MTC, Elder Kennedy.  He came to my area, and we worked our butts off all day, and ordered a pizza to celebrate one year when we go home. 

My 20th birthday was Friday, which was pretty weird. I don't feel very different - haha but it was a good day. Pretty normal, but good. 

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference, which was awesome!  The parts I saw, anyway. I missed a few hours in total because of internet problems in the church (us Americans tried to watch on the computer in English, but it didn't turn out so good) and we were trying to get people to go to the church and watch. I did manage to see a good bit of the conference. I think my favorite talk was President Monson´s talk on Sunday morning. He spoke about the life of Christ, and how we can follow his paths better in our lives. On Sunday, we also had the baptism of Raynara. She is 13, and she is really great, she had already been taught by the missionaries, but she randomly came to church last week with her friends who are members, and said that she wanted to get baptized. So that was great to see that happen! Next week we should have the baptism of Lidia, who is absolutely amazing. She has already read almost all of 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon, and we have only been teaching her for about a week!
I am seriously loving every minute of being here in Brazil. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers as always!

um abraço,

Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment