The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 57

 November 3, 2014

Well, this week was full of surprises....to start off, on Tuesday, I got my Christmas package! No, I didn't wait. I don´t have the willpower to let a package sit unopened for two months. But it was an awesome package! So another surprise came on Thursday. Actually there were a few on that day....our zone leaders came to our area to work with us for a little bit. I went to work with the American one, Elder Kennedy, and guess what we found? A family of Americans! They have lived in Brazil 11 years now, and they work with some kind of church mission youth organization here. So, they weren't too interested in our message, but they were super excited to see other Americans and they said that we can visit them any time we want, and they even mentioned something about a thanksgiving dinner....so we´ll see where that goes! The other surprise of Thursday came a little later....I got sick. It started with a fever, and then I found myself in the bathroom with more frequency than usual that night. I think it was because of the lunch we had that day....its a long story, but lets just say I think the dude gave us spoiled meat. Anyway, the surprise of Friday, was that the whole way that our mission is going to do missionary work, changed. From now on, we are told to AVOID knocking on doors!!! I got pretty excited to hear about that.  We will now be putting more focus on reactivating people, and helping new members to stay in church. It will be a little different adjusting to a new way to work after a year of doing it another way, but it will be good! I'm excited!

So, my sickness continued into Friday, got  little bit better, but on Saturday it was suuuuper bad, so we didn't get too much done. Sunday was better, and today I am almost normal. I am under orders from Sister Fusco to eat only rice, potatoes, and tapioca until my stomach feels normal again. 

Anyway, this next week we will spend re-adjusting to the new way of doing things, so I will let y'all know how that goes for us. Thank so much for your thoughts, prayers and support!

um abraço,
Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment