The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 24

Dear Family & Friends,

I am still having issues with my camera uploading pictures, so I'll try and figure it out this week. Its a shame, cuz I have some awesome ones I need to send!!! 
 
My first week as a trainer went ok...we had two days of training from the assistants with all the other new missionaries and new trainers, so that helped a little bit. I still feel like I don't know nearly enough to be training. My companion is awesome! He's so funny, and he's already a great missionary.  I've been trying to learn the new area and meet all the members and make good impressions and whatnot. The ward (Castelão) meets in this warehouse looking building with a plaque that reads "A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos Dias" slapped on the front. So its kind of weird having church in a building like that, but if the weekly attendance rate goes up enough, they will start building a real chapel. I think it would be awesome to get that started during my time here.

I don't know if I mentioned it last week, but my area basically circles the soccer stadium here, so that's pretty cool. Look it up on google earth!  As far as I know it's pretty safe.
 
There were no baptisms in my area this week, but I am still close enough to my last area that I was able to attend the baptisms of three people I helped teach all of last transfer, so that was a great way to end the week! Geraldo was baptized, if you remember him, he has overcome a serious addiction to alcohol. Love that guy. And then there were two sisters baptized, Vitoria and Virginia, who are 13 and 10, respectively. They are my adopted little sisters (because I don't have enough already, right?). But this week, we should have 1 to 3 baptisms, all youth age. Larissa, Talita, and Rafael if I remembered right. 

Something funny about my new area, is this one street that is absolutely jam packed with cats. Its nuts...you smell it before you see it, but the best part is that there is always this old lady going around and taking care of all the cats. So, I learned this week that no matter where you go in the world, you can always find a cat lady. 
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! 

Abraço,

Elder Poulson

James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment