The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Thursday, May 29, 2014

Week 34

Dear Family & Friends,

My week was pretty good, until Sunday rolled around. Its been so hard to get people to come to church lately. A family that we have been planning to baptize has been a bit of a challenge....they are awesome, they love being taught, but it's so difficult to get them all to church. Yesterday, only the two daughters came because their mom had to work. They want to be baptized this next week, if we can them to the church on time! (9 o´clock)

We have met a lot of great people to teach this week. We have recently started using the Book of Mormon more in our teaching, and we read and explain chapters from the book with our investigators. I can definitely see a difference for the better. Sometimes missionaries are a little hesitant about sharing the Book of Mormon with people, and I was for most of my mission up until now. Sometimes we are afraid that people will judge us because it's different.  We always make sure to explain very clearly that we believe in the Bible the same way, and that the Book of Mormon is literally another testament of Jesus Christ and His divinity, His mission, His Atonement and His love for each one of us. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that it will help us understand the gospel in a way that wouldn't be possible without it, and I love sharing it with people!

We have four missionaries in our house, but the past couple weeks some new residents have moved in....mice, which we affectionately call, Mickey. They have been causing a ruckus at night for a while, waking us up. A few weeks ago, one of them broke a mug!  The most daring act so far has been to get into Elder Molina's bag, and eat his ENTIRE snickers bar he had in there! During the feeding frenzy, his scriptures got covered in chocolate. but the good news is, that Elder Oliveira and I were able to kill one when we got home last night! We got into the house, and I went to use the bathroom, and all of the sudden he appeared and ran across my foot! I yelled for my companion, and we cornered mickey in the other elders' bedroom. We chased him around with brooms and sticks for about 15 minutes, until I was finally able to strike a fatal blow!  We celebrated with a big hearty plate of rice! 

Anyway, I'm loving this mission! Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers! 

love,

Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment