The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Sunday, May 18, 2014

Week 32


 Dear Family & Friends,

This week improved a lot. We had more people come to church this last week than any other week that I've been here in Castelão, so that was great! We officially have baptismal dates for the family we have been teaching, and their baptisms should be this next Sunday the 18th. We are super excited for them.  It's been great to see their testimonies of the true church of Christ grow. We also have several other people that we're teaching that are progressing well and reading the Book of Mormon. 

The highlight of this week was definitely last night when I got to SKYPE with my family! I absolutely loved seeing them and hearing their voices. At first, there were a few technical issues because the microphone on my end wasn't working, but we got everything figured out and we were able to talk. The next time I'll get to do that won't be until Christmas, which is just around the corner. 
I am still loving being a missionary. It has its ups and downs, but its always a good experience! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Abraço,
Elder Poulson

In honor of Mother´s Day yesterday.....

From the Book of Mormon:
Alma 56:44-48
 44 Therefore what say ye, my sons, will ye go against them to battle?
 45 And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen aso great bcourage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites.
 46 For as I had ever called them my sons (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Father, behold our God is with us, and he will anot suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus.
 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.


                                        just some touristy pictures I took haha.


 trash prohibited (with a pile of trash)

big pink car

No comments:

Post a Comment