The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 19...some good laughs!

Pretty good week this week! We set baptismal date with Jonas, who is 19 years old. His older brother Reginaldo was taught by some other missionaries but didn't want to get baptized.  We started teaching Jonas this last week. It was pretty awesome because at our second visit, he told us that he believes the church is true and came to church with us this week. He is getting baptized on March 1st! Something kind of funny that happened with Reginaldo and Jonas. One day when we were in the house teaching Jonas, Reginaldo came in and started talking too. He told Jonas that the church is true - but remember how I said he doesn't want to get baptized? That happens sometimes....
 
So there were a few interesting things that happened in the area this week. I think it was last Tuesday, we were talking to someone outside their house, and a little girl that was about 9 or 10, was holding a 2 year old. She came up to me and asked if I was the 2 year olds dad. I told her I wasn't. She asked me again. I said nope, not mine. Then she told me I was the dad and kept trying to give the baby to me until we left - haha. 
 
Remember Darliane that got baptized last week?  Well we´re teaching her mom, Clea. Clea is 31 and has a 17 year old boyfriend. So yeah. We were going to her house to teach a lesson, and we turn the corner to the house, and Clea and her boy are making out in the doorway. We kind of froze for a minute, looked at each other, and backed away slowly. Then we went back later (2 hours, just to be safe) and had an awesome lesson! 
 
That's about all I got for this week. We're teaching a lot, walking a lot, sweating a lot. I've lost 25 pounds since I've been in Brazil!!!!  Just about 8 weeks now. Things are going great! 

Love you all, have a great week!  Proverbs 3:5-6

love,
Elder Poulson
a spider that was WAY bigger in real life!

tiny banana!

more bananas!

There's a family whose house we stop by a lot, and the four year old likes to comb hair - the last couple visits, she's given me a little touch up before we head back out to work! haha

 

1 comment: