The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week 18

Dear Family & Friends,

Okay, so I'm just gonna come out and say it, this week was awesome!!!! We had THREE baptisms! Domingos, who we have been teaching for about the entire time I've been here, and Gabriel and Darliane, two youth that are basically active members already and wanted to be baptized. It was pretty great to be able to see that! Sometimes I feel like we are blessed way more than we deserve.

 
As far as the language goes, I am at the point where I can understand a good bit of what is said in any given conversation, but a lot of times, I will not know one or two words in the sentence, so I don't understand the whole thing. Sometimes, I'll understand all the words, but still not what they mean. So definitely not fluent yet, but I can see more progress! My first few weeks, I barely understood anything at all. It's really a miracle with how far I have come. 
 
P-day was pretty fun today. We went to the church and played volleyball with some other elders and some members. They have like an arena in the church parking lot with basketball hoops, soccer goals, and places for a volleyball net. 
 
This next week, we have another baptism coming up on Saturday, and two more on the 22nd, one of which is the brother of Domingos, Christiano. One day this week while we were at their house, the two of them started fighting over whose pamphlets were whose! Missionaries have like 5 or 6 pamphlets with our lesson material that we give out. We told them not to worry, we have plenty of pamphlets to go around! 
 
To answer a few of your questions mom...no packages have arrived yet.  They say it takes 6-8 weeks.  All the bracelets everyone made for me are gone. The people here love bracelets. A lot of them were a little too small, so next time, it might be better to just make them all on the bigger side.  I've never taught a lesson on Sunday at church....its hard to describe what the members are like because it's hard to talk to them haha. We wake up at 6:30 am and go to bed around 10:30 pm. It's not enough. Oh, this week, a sister in the ward asked me to translate the song "I will survive" into Portuguese for her, so I'm working on that - haha. 
 
Well, that's about all I got this week, as always thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

love,
Elder Poulson 

 Baptism of Domingos!


We forgot a knife for the cake, so I put a napkin around my name tag and cut it with that.
 
baptisms of Gabriel and Darliane

 

café da manha (breakfast) that Domingos made for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment