The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 38


Dear Family & Friends, 

Sorry I am sending this a day late, but we had to stay inside all day yesterday because Brazil was playing. That's what we have to do whenever there is a Brazil game, stay in the house. It's not very fun....I mean, I love studying the gospel, but 14 hours is a little much - haha!  After the game last night, a huge group of cars and motorcycles loaded with people drove past the hotel - we're still in the hotel, but we found a house this week and we're in the moving in process! - they were honking their horns, blaring music, people screaming...it was nuts! I saw a big old pickup truck pulling a trailer with a giant speaker blaring on it. I guess people here like soccer or something. 

This week was pretty slow because we were looking for a house like crazy - the hotel is getting a little pricey for the mission. I also had to go to Fortaleza with elder Marcum because he cut his finger when the glass door in our bathroom exploded on him. So, i didn't do much teaching this week, but we had our first baptism, Jorge. There is no chapel or baptismal font here, so we had the baptism at our hotel - it was different, but still cool. I would send pictures, but this particular computer isn't accepting my photo adapter. I'll try again next week. 

Com amor e um abraço,

Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment