The Brazil Fortaleza East Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2, 2013-2015


Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 29


Today at 2:28 PM
This week was a little different...we had a companion exchange for two days instead of one with our zone leaders. It was different, but it helped me a lot. I stayed in our area with Elder J. Souza. He has the J. because half the people in Brazil are named Souza, and the other half are Silva. The J is to avoid confusion with other elders haha.  Elder J. Souza is awesome - he really showed me the potential that this area has. Something that I still struggle with is talking to new people (especially in Portuguese) so finding new people to teach has always been a challenge for me. That's something I will be working to improve on. 
This weekend was a little tough because people were all going out of town, and only one investigator came to church, Paulo. He brought his wife and daughter, and they liked it, so its something!  Next week will be better for sure. 
There is only one week left in the transfer....I cant believe it!  I'm also coming up on 7 months of being out, which doesn't seem possible. It's definitely going by faster than high school did!

My Easter was pretty ordinary, nothing crazy happened. But as we were getting ready to go to church, I was thinking about the last few days of the Savior's life, and as we left the house and started walking, I was thinking that on a morning about 2000 years ago, our Savior left the tomb, never to return again. And as I thought this, I could picture it happening in my mind, and I felt in my heart that without a doubt it is true. I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he has conquered death and hell to make possible our return to the presence of our Heavenly Father with those we love. I am so grateful for this opportunity in my life to testify of Him and His divine mission. 
I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment